Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our First Races

So I finished my first race. I ran a 5k this morning and my time was just under 32 min. Not too shabby. I was hoping to finish in 30 min, but I'm proud that i ran the whole thing! Next stop...1/2 marathon in April. God speed to myself!

Trey ran his first race today too. Well he really ran the first couple of steps and then cried the rest of the way while walking to a last place finish. I mean what kind of mom makes their kid run a race when he was puking not more than 12 hours ago?  Well, I pre-registered and there weren't any refunds...so Trey's first race experience has been tainted, hopefully we haven't ruined his future track career!  Let's take a closer look...

7 comments:

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

oh my gosh Kris that is an awesome time! You are getting so fast!! cONGRATS:) and Trey has to be the FUNNIEST kid ever! I seriously miss him. I am still laughing about the morning i helped him in the bathroom! ha ha ha.. We miss you guys:) Love ya

Lindsay said...

thats awesome. good for you. i have a goal to run a 10k in march. i had this goal last year and i wussed out so im determined this year. haha.

eli&joelynn said...

yeah! you did it!! Don't you feel like a million buck a roos?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to you!! That's awesome!! I saw your mom quite a bit this weekend while we were working on the Christmas activities for our wards. She's so sweet!
Oh, to be able to wear shorts in winter!
Hope all's great for the Jarvis Family!
Love, Laurel

Anonymous said...

Finally~ A post. I am so proud of you! I want to run one. You are looking sooooo skinny! Hooray for you! That is so cute that Trey did one too. Sorry he wasn't feeling well... and I don't think you tainted his track career. GO TREY:) Miss you~ Brooke

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

W e
n ee d a update! haha love ya

Ashley and Ben said...

Kristi you are amazing... Trey is so cute, I love the comments you share from him. Well, hope you are enjoying your sunny weather!