A couple of weekends ago we took a much needed vacation without the kids for three nights on a cruise to the Bahamas. We couldn't remember the last time we spent that much time together without the kids. It really was the perfect length though as we were refreshed and ready to get back to normal life after the weekend. And certainly after three days we missed the little guys back at home. Special thanks to Grandma Myers for coming down to babysit. Below are a few of the highlights from the trip.
Our other excursion day was spent on a private island that Norwegian Cruise Line owns. Sounds a lot cooler than it actually was but basically it was a day laying on the beach. As you can see from the picture behind us that is our ship in the distance and you can see all the people from our cruise on the beach. It ended up being one of the crowdiest beaches we've ever been to. The cruiseline was nice enough to put beach chairs on the beach but there were so many people that it was essentially beach chair, beach chair, beach chair, etc. We ended up sitting by two young couples that were smoking and chatting it up nonstop. Not as relaxing as we were hoping. And then there were people coming by every 20 minutes trying to steal our umbrella. But other than that it was good...my team won the beach volleyball tournament. Nevermind the fact that there were only two teams that entered the tournament!! I won a beer can sleeve (or whatever you call it) and I brought it home and it's a perfect football tee for Trey to kick field goals. And I thought I wouldn't be able to use it. :)



2 comments:
Dude that looks amazing!
It reminds me of the 21 day cruise I took around the world and the water park we went to where we got to swim with killer whales.
But yours still looks pretty cool. :) That would be an advantage of living in Florida.
That looks like lots of fun! My family went on that same cruise before i got married! The resort at Nassau is amazing.. It's so big! All the other beaches in the Bahamas are nasty! I'm so jealous:) We miss you guys. I'm still trying to get Ty to take me to Disney World so hopefully we will be seeing you guys in Flordia soon haha..! Love ya:)
Post a Comment